Using BTP to create recipe Vs Creating online

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Widgeteye

Using BTP to create recipe Vs Creating online

Post by Widgeteye »

I noticed creating a recipe online comes back with a lot more information compared to creating recipe in BTP. One thing in particular is utilization % of hops. The online recipe gives me this %U according to the amount of time left in the boil, the BTP doesn't do this and although I can put in the %U myself it leaves an * next to the %U.

Maybe all the settings in the Hop Editor have this setting somewhere in it but it would be a good thing if there was a place that had documentation that tells what all these settings mean, such as:
Cohumulone
Myrcene
caryophyllene
beta
humulene
farnesene
Storage factor.

Thanks
slothrob

Re: Using BTP to create recipe Vs Creating online

Post by slothrob »

In the recipe window of BTP, % Utilization is shown as %U next to the hop listing, in the 3rd slider. That calculation is dependent on the Utilization model you choose from the Utilization menu item and the time in the boil.

This is not dependent on any of the factors that you list from the hop editor, which are mostly flavor characteristics of the particular hop opened in the editor. I wouldn't change those, normally, other than the % Alpha which you should get whenever you buy a new lot of hops.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP