updated manual? tying inventory to recipes

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
headlandsbrew

updated manual? tying inventory to recipes

Post by headlandsbrew »

thanks for the updated version. i'm digging it and really trying to maximize it's use. i'm using this at our new brewery and can't find my old manual for the previous version. hoping to download a new one, but for the life of me can't find where to do this.

what i am looking to accomplish is tying inventory (namely hops) to recipes. i have all my contracted hops uploaded into My Ingredients - Hops through 2016. i am adding the 2013 crop to my recipes and would like to see the inventory decrease as i do this. am i doing something incorrectly?

cheers-

phil
slothrob

Re: updated manual? tying inventory to recipes

Post by slothrob »

Using Inventory:

Once you enter you inventory into My Ingredients, you enter the quantities to the right of the ingredient in the list of that appears when you click on My Ingredients or one of it's subcategories.

Then, open up the Shopping List, from the menu, and add a recipe that you plan to make and add it as planned. That will then list the ingredients and the quantities of those ingredients that you want and that you have.. Add the recipe to Assemble, and it will tell you how much you will have remaining after you make the recipe.

Click Deduct, and BTP will consider the recipe made and remove the appropriate amount of ingredients from the inventory. Click Done to close the Shopping List.

The quantities will also update in the My Ingredients list, but I just noticed that the quantities in the My ingredients don't refresh until I go to something else and return, so I'll enter a bug report for that.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
headlandsbrew

Post by headlandsbrew »

thanks! any thoughts on finding a manual? diving into this program and too many questions to ask.
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

There is also the Help menu within the program itself.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP