Progress on the new BeerTools Pro

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
russguill

Re: Progress on the new BeerTools Pro

Post by russguill »

I also see this. It seems to only affect recipes using Basic and Rager utilization calcs. All the others seem to work.

Edit: I also see this behavior in v1.5.24.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

russguill wrote:I also see this. It seems to only affect recipes using Basic and Rager utilization calcs. All the others seem to work.

Edit: I also see this behavior in v1.5.24.
These algorithms level off to simulate the phenomena of iso-alpha acid formation becoming approximately equal to iso-alpha acid break down during excessive boils.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
400d

Post by 400d »

thanks, now I understand why it wasn't changing. my utilization on that recipe was basic. now I would like to ask you what's the most common utilization model? rager or tinseth? and one more thing - how to make it default for all new recipes?

as far as I could see, I have to set the utilization model for each new recipe that I make. If I don't do that, the basic model is the default. how to change that?

thanks
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

400d wrote:thanks, now I understand why it wasn't changing. my utilization on that recipe was basic. now I would like to ask you what's the most common utilization model? rager or tinseth?
I actually don’t know which is most accurate. The most suitable model may be different from brewer to brewer. If you Google hop utilization formulas you will likely find lots of opinions and some studies.
400d wrote:and one more thing - how to make it default for all new recipes?

as far as I could see, I have to set the utilization model for each new recipe that I make. If I don't do that, the basic model is the default. how to change that?
“Make Default” under the File menu. This saves the current recipe settings as the default for new recipes.

Hope this helps.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
400d

Post by 400d »

thanks jeff, it surely helped. cheers!