Progress on the new BeerTools Pro

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
jctull
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: Progress on the new BeerTools Pro

Post by jctull »

It's good to see that you are still working on major revisions to BTP. This is still the most comprehensive, usable recipe production app out there as far as I can tell. From time to time, I take a peak at what the others have to offer, and I always am left feeling good that BTP continues to shine.

Kudos for keeping this going. I look forward to seeing the new version and giving it a go. The cloud features are especially exciting.
OS X 10.5, MBP, 2GB
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

jctull wrote:It's good to see that you are still working on major revisions to BTP. This is still the most comprehensive, usable recipe production app out there as far as I can tell. From time to time, I take a peak at what the others have to offer, and I always am left feeling good that BTP continues to shine.

Kudos for keeping this going. I look forward to seeing the new version and giving it a go. The cloud features are especially exciting.
Thanks for the pat on the back! I always appreciate the support of my core group of loyal users.

The cloud stuff is coming along well. Recipe storage on the server seems pretty solid and I have successfully shared recipes between several BeerTools accounts during my initial tests. Hopefully I will have an alpha version available within the next two weeks.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
a_daley
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by a_daley »

That sounds awesome Jeff!!! Well done!!!
gwfrankpsu

Post by gwfrankpsu »

I'm using both Beertools and iBrewmaster2, there things I like in both and end up entering recipes in both programs (apps). The think I like the most in iBrewmaster is the batch timer using an iPod to know when to make my additions. I prefer Beertools to enter recipes into my laptop and desktop (both Macs).

I would love to see something talk to my Blichmann Tower of Power to perform automatic step mash - pie in the sky as the software provided by Blichmann doesn't work.

Looking forward to working with the new version.
kieran
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by kieran »

jeff wrote:I am pleased with how the new interface is shaping up. Some of the less important elements have been removed from the main window and made accessible through a "details" window. Also, many of the entry fields at the top of the recipe area of the main window can be concealed using a disclosure triangle on the left. Collapsing this part of the recipe area opens up more room for the ingredients list as requested. The screenshot demonstrates the effect:
btp_main_win_2013-06-13.jpg
Looking sexy Jeff!
I like the collapsible field, it does help a lot. I wonder if you could do something similar to the bottom (the style/schedule/etcetera zone) section? That would really open it up for flexibility (XXL space for the list, or having an XL list + boil info, or XL list + style info). Just throwing it out there. This is such an awesome piece of software.

Cheers,
Kieran
thyirishmen

Post by thyirishmen »

How are things coming along?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

thyirishmen wrote:How are things coming along?
Very well. We’re over a month into the beta and most of the bugs are worked out. Translators are working on the documentation and application text. Probably looking at an October release.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
bruerik
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by bruerik »

Do you have any update on when the new version will be ready??

Erik
Macbook, Intel 2.2Ghz dual core, 4GB RAM. 13" display 1280 x 800, 320GB Sata Drive.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

bruerik wrote:Do you have any update on when the new version will be ready??

Erik
Getting close. The program is done and web access is well into development.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
400d

Post by 400d »

so new version is out there, and I was wondering what about all users who had licenses for 1.5.24 - can they download and use it for free or we have to buy and pay the full price for the 2.0 version?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

400d wrote:so new version is out there, and I was wondering what about all users who had licenses for 1.5.24 - can they download and use it for free or we have to buy and pay the full price for the 2.0 version?
You can choose to upgrade from a previous version if you login under the same account as the existing license. The upgrade option is available during checkout and the price is discounted when an eligible license key is selected. If you have any questions please let me know.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
400d

Post by 400d »

I have downloaded the trial version of 2.0 and now I can see this in my beertools:

what to do now? how to get 2.0 key?

and one more thing how much does it cost for existing users?

thanks
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

400d wrote:what to do now? how to get 2.0 key?
The license key was sent to your email when you signed up for the trial.
400d wrote:and one more thing how much does it cost for existing users?
The current upgrade price for single platform is $16.95, multi-platform is $21.95.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
400d

Post by 400d »

thanks for that. I've been using the trial version for couple of days and noticed that there is a problem with hops. it seems that hop additions react with IBU levels only up to 60 minutes boils.

if I increase time of boiling for the same hop addition from 60 to 90 minutes, the IBUs don't change at all.... what is that all about? can you check it out?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

400d wrote:thanks for that. I've been using the trial version for couple of days and noticed that there is a problem with hops. it seems that hop additions react with IBU levels only up to 60 minutes boils.

if I increase time of boiling for the same hop addition from 60 to 90 minutes, the IBUs don't change at all.... what is that all about? can you check it out?
Which utilization algorithm are you using? (Recipe menu)
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff