MoreBeer 2050 recipe setup?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
ibrubeer
Light Lager
Light Lager

MoreBeer 2050 recipe setup?

Post by ibrubeer »

I am trying out BTP and it looks very promising. Does anybody out there already use one of the MoreBeer 2050 sculptures with BTP? If so, could I get a recipe or 2 with their values in there? I am just wondering how others have setup the steps of their recipes, and what values they have used for losses and such. I know systems will still vary, but seeing how someone else has used it in BTP would be very helpful... I'm an all-grain brewer that typically does 10 gallon batches.

Also, how do you account for a HERMS in the schedule?

Thanks!
ibrubeer
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by ibrubeer »

I guess nobody uses a 3-tier system similar to the 2050 that I could look at? Maybe ANY kind of 3-tier type system?
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

re 3-Tiers and Herms, etc.

Post by billvelek »

I hate for it to look like you are being ignored, so I'll respond even though I only use a turkey-fryer to boil my wort; I had been waiting for someone with that actual type of equipment to reply, but maybe there aren't any. Also, these forums have really slowed down lately.

Other than calibration of equipment, I don't think how it is configured (e.g., tiers) is a factor. On the other hand, since thermal mass is a factor, and how fast you can heat, I suppose that RIMS and HERMS might deserve some special consideration of the thermal mass and heat losses re the pump and plumbing, but I don't recall ever seeing anything like that in BTP although I have never actually looked for it. However, it seems to me that what you should be doing is adding steps in your 'Schedule' for "Direct Heat", since you are not using hot water infusions for temperature steps. I've never tried it; take a look at that and see if that handles your situation.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jawbox
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jawbox »

I'm currently building a Brutus 10 clone. I'll let you know what I come up with when it's completed.
I think Bobby M has a single tier setup, maybe PM him.
iMac 27", 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB Ram, Mac OSX 10.12.6
iPhone 7+
iPad Pro 10.5
I like macs ;)