Starting Gravity Question

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
Shay

Starting Gravity Question

Post by Shay »

Hello,

I entered this http://beerdujour.com/Recipes/ItSmellsLikeCoffee.htm into BTP. The recipe author lists 1.056 as the OG, but BTP is listing it at 1.076. I am not sure what is going here. http://shaylogan.com/images/SmellsLikeCoffe.btp is the recipe file from BTP. Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA,

Shay

I give up trying to make the URL tags work.
slothrob

OG

Post by slothrob »

Either he had much lower efficiency than he thought, or it has something to do with the water he added at the end.

It appears he had 4.5 gallons at 1.077 in his kettle and his fermentor then he added water, according to his notes. It's possible that he was only able to transfer 4.5 gallons off the break and hops, but really had over 5 gallons in his kettle. Then he appears to have added water to dilute to 1.056.

to get the url tag to work, you need to put url=address in the first set of brackets (then you can put whatever you want between the brackets), not the address between two sets of brackets.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Starting Gravity Question

Post by jeff »

Shay wrote:I give up trying to make the URL tags work.
New member accounts are restricted for the first 48 hours. This is done to inhibit spam posts that inject dozens of links to boost link popularity of spam sites. 48 hours seems to give us all enough time to notice the posts and delete them before they do any damage. Thanks for your patience.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
Shay

Post by Shay »

It must be the water addition that I missed in the notes. He lists his brewhouse efficiency at 82%. Jeff, thanks for the heads up on the url tag. I tried every iteration of it I could think of.