How to Save a New Recipe in 1.5?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
splashmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

How to Save a New Recipe in 1.5?

Post by splashmike »

I just made a new recipe and click save as on the file menu but am not sure how to save so that by default it goes in the folder called "recipes" or one of the subfolders I created. I can just save it to the desk top or some other place and then copy it in, but I'm sure there must be a more direct way to do this. Thanks for any help.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: How to Save a New Recipe in 1.5?

Post by jeff »

splashmike wrote:I just made a new recipe and click save as on the file menu but am not sure how to save so that by default it goes in the folder called "recipes" or one of the subfolders I created. I can just save it to the desk top or some other place and then copy it in, but I'm sure there must be a more direct way to do this. Thanks for any help.
Choose the folder on the left in which you want to save the recipe and click the "save" or "save as copy" button in the toolbar. Only use the file menu for saving recipes outside the the BTP folder structure.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
splashmike
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by splashmike »

Got it. Thanks.
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

jeff wrote:Choose the folder on the left in which you want to save the recipe and click the "save" or "save as copy" button in the toolbar. Only use the file menu for saving recipes outside the the BTP folder structure.
I've been using the file menu for saving to the Recipe folders in the Beertools folder in my Documents folder. Is there a reason not to do this?
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
gruversm
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by gruversm »

slothrob wrote:
jeff wrote:Choose the folder on the left in which you want to save the recipe and click the "save" or "save as copy" button in the toolbar. Only use the file menu for saving recipes outside the the BTP folder structure.
I've been using the file menu for saving to the Recipe folders in the Beertools folder in my Documents folder. Is there a reason not to do this?
How do I find the "folder on the Left"?
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

slothrob wrote:
I believe they are speaking about not using Window's Explorer (the Windows file manager program) because it messes with the BTP library and then you need to 'Rebuild' your library. At least I seem to recall reading that in either a post or in the manual some where. They are not talking about operations under the 'File' category on the menu bar.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by billvelek »

gruversm wrote:How do I find the "folder on the Left"?
If you don't see a directory tree in a separate panel on the left side of your BTP display, then you are either running BTP 1.1 or there is something wrong with your system. Under the directory tree, you have a folder named "Recipes" under which you have sub-folders "My Recipes" and "Planned Recipes" plus any other sub-folders you create.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

slothrob wrote:
You can do it that way since BTP checks to see if the file exists inside the folder used by the assets library. If it discovers that the file is inside the library, BTP updates the DB so that the file appears within the interface and remains synced.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
gruversm
Light Lager
Light Lager

Post by gruversm »

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice. Problem is solved!
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

jeff wrote: You can do it that way since BTP checks to see if the file exists inside the folder used by the assets library. If it discovers that the file is inside the library, BTP updates the DB so that the file appears within the interface and remains synced.
Thanks Bill and Jeff.
I'm just used to using the Mac file system, after 20 years, and it never occurs to me to save files with an alternate interface.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP