Saving Vessel Details

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
pheinema

Saving Vessel Details

Post by pheinema »

:?: So I have been working with this program and I am wondering how to save Vessel information, and for that matter Heat Source info, and Schedule information :?: I though that once i entered it it would be displayed in presets, but i don't find it there. I really think that it is illogical to make one remember/write down the calibration results (takes an hour :!: ) especially when it would be so easy for the program to record it. 1love

Paul "the real deal" Heinemann
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Saving Vessel Details

Post by jeff »

pheinema wrote::?: So I have been working with this program and I am wondering how to save Vessel information, and for that matter Heat Source info, and Schedule information :?: I though that once i entered it it would be displayed in presets, but i don't find it there. I really think that it is illogical to make one remember/write down the calibration results (takes an hour :!: ) especially when it would be so easy for the program to record it. 1love

Paul "the real deal" Heinemann
File->Make Default will preserve your settings.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
pheinema

Post by pheinema »

but there is no way to set the vessel as a preset, I mean if you have more than one vessel? like you can only save a default profile?
slothrob

Post by slothrob »

pheinema wrote:but there is no way to set the vessel as a preset, I mean if you have more than one vessel? like you can only save a default profile?
If you save the default with a Schedule, with a particular vessel chosen for the default Schedule, then that becomes your vessel preset.

If you save the recipes as Templates you can save a number with different vessel defaults.

When you save the Default, however, all your vessels are available from the Equipment Display.

Does any of that answer your questions?
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

pheinema wrote:but there is no way to set the vessel as a preset, I mean if you have more than one vessel? like you can only save a default profile?
Presets have been eliminated in BTP 1.5. The assets library has replaced them.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
pheinema

Post by pheinema »

K well that works. I'm on a mac if that makes any difference on the answer... thanks!
shunt

Post by shunt »

I also have this problem. I am unable to get my vessel (did my calibration) to show up in my presets.

''Presets have been eliminated in BTP 1.5. The assets library has replaced them.''

Are we on 1.5 yet?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

shunt wrote:Are we on 1.5 yet?
1.5 is not publicly available yet.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
shunt

Post by shunt »

So I will need to enter all of my info back into a new vessel preset when i make a new recipe?

Thanks
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Post by jeff »

shunt wrote:So I will need to enter all of my info back into a new vessel preset when i make a new recipe?

Thanks
The easiest thing to do after you set up your equipment is to choose File->Make Default to save your settings for every new recipe you open. You can also save the equipment settings as a template that you load into recipes that don't have any equipment yet.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff