Adjusting bitterness

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
elothe

Adjusting bitterness

Post by elothe »

I have useed the Daniels formula for calculating bitterness, but I have found that when I redused the bitterness by 12% that gave me a better estimate of the bitterness i the beer. Is there a tool for adjusting the efficiency of bitterness extraction of the models already given in the software?
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Adjusting bitterness

Post by jeff »

elothe wrote:I have useed the Daniels formula for calculating bitterness, but I have found that when I redused the bitterness by 12% that gave me a better estimate of the bitterness i the beer. Is there a tool for adjusting the efficiency of bitterness extraction of the models already given in the software?
The best way to handle this is to start with Daniel's formula and then "Edit" it to suit your results. Save the custom formula as a file or save it as part of your default template so that it is automatically inserted in all your new recipes.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
elothe

Re: Adjusting bitterness

Post by elothe »

Thanks a lot! Now I have found it!
jeff wrote:
elothe wrote:I have useed the Daniels formula for calculating bitterness, but I have found that when I redused the bitterness by 12% that gave me a better estimate of the bitterness i the beer. Is there a tool for adjusting the efficiency of bitterness extraction of the models already given in the software?
The best way to handle this is to start with Daniel's formula and then "Edit" it to suit your results. Save the custom formula as a file or save it as part of your default template so that it is automatically inserted in all your new recipes.