When will BTP 1.1 be released?

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
etbandit
Light Lager
Light Lager

When will BTP 1.1 be released?

Post by etbandit »

Jeff and Lathe,

Can you indicate when BTP 1.1 will be released to the public?

Keep up the great work!
Cheers.
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: When will BTP 1.1 be released?

Post by jeff »

etbandit wrote:Jeff and Lathe,

Keep up the great work!
Cheers.
I'm actually not sure when it will be released. It is in alpha testing right now and we hope beta testing starts within the next two months. We will be sure to keep everyone informed along the way.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
sipher1966

Re: When will BTP 1.1 be released?

Post by sipher1966 »

jeff wrote:
etbandit wrote:Jeff and Lathe,

Keep up the great work!
Cheers.
I'm actually not sure when it will be released. It is in alpha testing right now and we hope beta testing starts within the next two months. We will be sure to keep everyone informed along the way.

Its been a couple of months now. Any word when the beta testing will start with the next major release?
sipher1966

Bump

Post by sipher1966 »

Any word when Beta testing will begin.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Question re beta team

Post by billvelek »

I've been on the 'Alpha' team I guess since it started, over four months ago, and have been signed up to work on the 'Beta' team probably since it was announced (can't recall when). We are still finding bugs in the 'Alpha' release which might be delaying the 'Beta' release; Jeff or Lathe would need to explain further. What, exactly, is the difference between an 'Alpha' release and a 'Beta' release?

Anyway, one of these weeks :mrgreen: when I have time, I'm going to go through the long list of reported bugs for the Windows O.S. ... (don't have Mac so I can't help there) ..., and check the latest release to see if they have been fixed. I won't even get into the huge number of requests and recommendations that haven't been addressed yet; maybe that's what the 'Beta' is for? <shrug>

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
dasein668
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by dasein668 »

Thanks Bill, I too am interested in the Beta release date since I just signed up for the beta-testing and am anxious to see where the software stands. :mrgreen:
Nathan

v1.5.2

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook | 2.0 gig DDR2 RAM | Boot ROM MB21.00A5.B07 | SMC Version 1.13f3 | 1280x800 | OSX 10.4.11
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Beta

Post by jeff »

Things are coming along. I completed the equipment and packaging databases, and next on the list is the schedule database. There are a few things that need to be polished such as undo and stage handling in the schedule but for the most part good progress is being made.

I will be out of town for a week but I will be checking in periodically. Thanks for all of your interest in the latest developments.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff