status of linux alpha version??

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.

status of linux alpha version??

Postby Robertjm94706 » Sat May 19, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi all,

Its been over a month since we got the great news that the 100 petitioner/beta tester level was reached and that further information was forthcoming. Haven't seen anything so figured I would drop a note.

What's the process so far? Yes, I realize you do have to write the stuff now, but am eagerly curious as to when its going to see the light of day!!

Robert
Robertjm94706

Postby culturejam » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:32 am

I'm interesting in a Linux version as well. And I'd be happy to alpha/beta test BTP on my Debian desktop and Kubuntu laptop.

I'm also interested to see if anyone has been able to get the Windows version of BTP up and running with CrossOver Office or vanilla WINE.
culturejam

Postby Peanutt » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:27 am

culturejam wrote:I'm interesting in a Linux version as well. And I'd be happy to alpha/beta test BTP on my Debian desktop and Kubuntu laptop.

I'm also interested to see if anyone has been able to get the Windows version of BTP up and running with CrossOver Office or vanilla WINE.

I've gotten BTP to work with vanilla WINE under Ubuntu and it worked OK. A few quirks but not too bad.
Peanutt

Re: status of linux alpha version??

Postby jeff » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:08 pm

Robertjm94706 wrote:What's the process so far? Yes, I realize you do have to write the stuff now, but am eagerly curious as to when its going to see the light of day!!

2008 at the earliest.
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Return to BeerTools Pro General Topics