I think I've found a bug

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.

I think I've found a bug

Postby billvelek » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:19 pm

Jeff and Lathe, I don't recall seeing this mentioned before, so here goes; you have "Malto Dextrin" listed under 'Adjuncts' and "Maltodextrine" (note the difference in spelling) listed under 'Special Ingredients'. I don't know if they are supposed to be the same thing or not, but in any event I don't think either one is working correctly.

1. When adding "Malto Dextrin", which the 'Adjunct Editor' says does not ferment (and that is my understanding), the 'Style' and 'Analysis' tabs both reflect an increase in alcohol content which should obviously not occur.

2. When adding "Maltodextrine" from 'Special Ingredients', the recipe does NOT indicate an increase in alcohol content, which is correct, but on the other hand it also does NOT indicate an increase in 'calories', which would be incorrect since I'm sure that carbs are being added; I checked the special ingredient editor to see if there was a field that could be filled in by the user, since I understand that this contains about 4 calories per gram, but there is no field. Personally, I don't really care about the calories indication, but I'm sure some users do.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
User avatar
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:44 am
Location: Arkansas, USA

Return to BeerTools Pro General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests