Bottled water...

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Bottled water...

Post by lathe »

I imagine many if not most brewers use local tap water. However, some may use purchased water because of poor local water quality. I recently came across a rather extensive list of bottled water profiles from around the world.

HERE IS THE LIST.

If you see a "brand" of water you would like added to BTP, please let us know.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

wow!

Post by wottaguy »

Lathe....awesome!! Thanks!
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
jctull
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by jctull »

It is also useful to cut water with a proportion of bottled water. This, of course, would require the possibility to use multiple sources of water, including bottled or distilled water.

Sorry to create such hassles, but it is a useful thing to be able to do.

When I lived on a well, I used Alhambra Drinking as a very nice Pilsen water, and a variety of "spring waters," including:
Alhambra Spring Water (I only see a single listing for Alhambra on the site, and it appears to be the Drinking Water; maybe they dropped the Spring Water)
Arrowhead Mountain Spring
Black Mountain Spring
Calistoga Mineral Water
OS X 10.5, MBP, 2GB
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Black Mountain...

Post by lathe »

Thanks jctull,

Alhambra Water ,Arrowhead Mountain Spring, and Calistoga Mineral Water are currently in the DB. I will add Black Mountain Spring water in a future release.
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
just-cj
Double IPA
Double IPA

Post by just-cj »

I'll see what I can get cheapest at Costco when I go in the next few days and get back to you. Pretty interesting site, though.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

You can ALREADY use multiple sources of water in BTP

Post by billvelek »

jctull wrote:It is also useful to cut water with a proportion of bottled water. This, of course, would require the possibility to use multiple sources of water, including bottled or distilled water.

Sorry to create such hassles, but it is a useful thing to be able to do. ... snip
Using the water chemistry table in BTP, you can add and combine as many varieties of water in whatever ratios you want, and BTP will add up the salts for you. The water won't appear on your ingredients list, though, but you could always add the few that you might use to your 'special ingredients' list and then browse for and add them that way; same way with salts, for those who want to have them appear on their ingredients list.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Visit www.tinyurl.com/bvelek - portal to my brewing sites: 3,100+ members on 'Grow-Hops', and 1,350+ brewers on my 'BrewingEquip' group.
Running BTP v1.5.3 on WinXP 2005 SP3 w/AMD Athlon 64@3800+, 1GigRam, Res 1024x768
jctull
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Re: You can ALREADY use multiple sources of water in BTP

Post by jctull »

billvelek wrote:Using the water chemistry table in BTP, you can add and combine as many varieties of water in whatever ratios you want, and BTP will add up the salts for you. The water won't appear on your ingredients list, though, but you could always add the few that you might use to your 'special ingredients' list and then browse for and add them that way; same way with salts, for those who want to have them appear on their ingredients list.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
Good to know. Obviously I did not poke around in the water calculator enough yet. I concur that the ingredient/recipe integration (i.e., the lack of bringing in water volumes based on the mash schedule) is a problem currently.
OS X 10.5, MBP, 2GB
DannyV

Re: Bottled water...

Post by DannyV »

"If you see a "brand" of water you would like added to BTP, please let us know."

I would like to see Crystal Springs and Silver Springs bottled water added to the BTP list.