Very minor aesthetic issues

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
billvelek
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Very minor aesthetic issues

Post by billvelek »

As we go through the program and spot any small minor display problems, I thought it would be good to have a thread to compile them into a small list for Jeff and Lathe. These don't affect the way the program operates, but I figure that they will eventually want to fix them to polish their program. These might not be constant for every operating system and display, so let me qualify my list by saying that I'm using Windows XP Media and a 1024 X 768 display.

1. Under the menu command: 'Edit | Preferences', under the 'Constants' tab, the "S" at the beginning of "Specific Volume of Malt" does not display completely.

2. Under the menu command: 'Session | Utilization' and also under 'Session | Water Chemistry', both the 'Load' and 'Save' buttons at the bottom of those pop-ups have extraneous marks behind their labels -- looks like "Load|" and "Save|".

3. Also, under 'Session | Water Chemistry', even when the pop-up is enlarged to full page, the columns for chemicals are so narrow that some of them don't fully display at the top -- it just says "HC...", or "HD..."; I figured out that HD is hardness, but "HC" doesn't match anything in the 'Water Component Browser', but by the process of elimination, I'd guess it is supposed to be "CO3" -- but I don't know for sure, so they need to match, too.

That's all that I've noticed so far. Again, I don't want to come across as being anal, but rather want to help make this program the best. I figure those are easy changes that can be done when important stuff is fixed.

Cheers.

Bill Velek
jctull
Pale Ale
Pale Ale

Post by jctull »

The red circle that represents the close button in Mac OS X does not darken in the middle when updates to the recipe file have been made. This is standard GUI practice for OS X to indicate that you have made changes to a file that you should consider saving before closing.
OS X 10.5, MBP, 2GB