Balloon Help

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
kieran
Light Lager
Light Lager

Balloon Help

Post by kieran »

Hi Jeff,

Something that I reckon would be great for Beertools Pro, would be balloon help.. where you hover the mouse pointer over something, and it gives you a little 'bubble' of info to describe, say, an acronym, or a helpful bit of info to get the novice going. Obviously, the advanced expert would find it annoying, so such a feature should be able to be inactivated on a menu or something. :)

anyway, just an idea,
cheers,
Kieran
jeff
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

Re: Balloon Help

Post by jeff »

kieran wrote:Hi Jeff,

Something that I reckon would be great for Beertools Pro, would be balloon help.. where you hover the mouse pointer over something, and it gives you a little 'bubble' of info to describe, say, an acronym, or a helpful bit of info to get the novice going. Obviously, the advanced expert would find it annoying, so such a feature should be able to be inactivated on a menu or something. :)

anyway, just an idea,
cheers,
Kieran
Maybe not as convenient as balloon help, but we are planning on placing help buttons scattered throughout the interface that will open the applicable help topic. What do you think?
Jeff
BeerTools.com Staff
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Balloon Help

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

jeff wrote:Maybe not as convenient as balloon help, but we are planning on placing help buttons scattered throughout the interface that will open the applicable help topic. What do you think?
That would be a great feature. I hope it becomes a reality.