Kudos to the BTP Team

General discussion on BeerTools Pro Software.
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Kudos to the BTP Team

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the BTP Team's dedication to customer service. I was having a problem saving ProMash Sessions that had been converted to a recipe file. Jeff asked me to send him a file to look at. He then spent a few hours analyzing code to isolate the problem. This with being extremely busy with all the headaches involved fielding new software. Thanks, Jeff and the BTP Team! You guys are awesome.
boss brew

worth the switch?

Post by boss brew »

Say there ColoradoBrewer, that's a nice "graybeard" you have! How do you feel BTP compares to ProMash? Would you say that it's worth the switch?
Dave
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

Hey Dave, Glad you noticed the beard. :wink:

I have to say that I've been using ProMash for a few years and have been using BTP for only a week. So you have to keep that in mind. I think BTP compares very favorably with PM. Both have a rich suite of utilities that will do just about anything you'd ever need to do. A couple of things that PM has that BTP doesn't is a refractometer utility (but I think one is coming) and in PM recipes and brewing session are saved as different file types. That's important to me because I use my brewing software as much for record keeping as for building recipes. And I'm still having a little trouble building a schedule for batch sparging. Another thing I wish BPT had is context sensitive help with a screen ala ProMash that defines the terms for the section you're working in. But these are minor things and BTP is still evolving and will only get better with time. On the BTP side I like the interface much better than PM, and for someone like me who has to watch their intake the ability to calculate calories and carbohydrates is awesome. So is it worth switching from PM? Only you can decide that, but I say it is worth it. And for someone who is interested in their first brewing software I'd say that BTP is a very good choice. Better than PM in its current incarnation IHMO.
lathe
Double IPA
Double IPA

Thank you also...

Post by lathe »

We apprciate the feedback from our users. Your insightful reviews help us refine BTP.

I had a quick question for you ColoradoBrewer. I see you mentioned the refractometer utility in another post as well. We do have a utility, its located at:

Window->Calculators->S.G.->Refractometer

Do you have any suggestions on any adjustments that need to be made to it?
Lathe
BeerTools.com Staff
boss brew

Thanks!

Post by boss brew »

Thanks ColoradoBrewer! Good info. I guess I'll keep an eye open for the trial version :wink: that might be coming through. There are a few things about PM that I'm not real happy with, but it's very usable. I'm hoping that PM gets a good upgrade, or BTP is a better avenue.
Dave
ColoradoBrewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Re: Thank you also...

Post by ColoradoBrewer »

lathe wrote:We apprciate the feedback from our users. Your insightful reviews help us refine BTP.

I had a quick question for you ColoradoBrewer. I see you mentioned the refractometer utility in another post as well. We do have a utility, its located at:

Window->Calculators->S.G.->Refractometer

Do you have any suggestions on any adjustments that need to be made to it?
Well of course you're right, lathe. Its location was pointed out last time. Guess I forgot :oops: I've been embarrassed twice now, so maybe now I'll remember. :wink: :lol:

I haven't had occasion to use the refractometer utility yet, but I plan on brewing tomorrow. I'll let you know if anything comes to mind when I get some hands on experience with it.