Well It's one month from today.

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

Liquid Blur
Light Lager
Light Lager

Well It's one month from today.

Post by Liquid Blur »

Hey guys,
Just writting a little note. The grand military saw it fit for me to go on a short notice duty to Keesler AFB in Biloxi MS. So, I've had to put my brewing on hold. I will be getting married one month from today and have to say that I'm quite exited. The only thing that I'm not excited about is the possibility of not being able to brew as much as I used to. Oh well. I'm hoping to get my wife interested in homebrewing. Anyway, I'll talk to you guys later,
LB
BillyBock
Imperial Stout
Imperial Stout

It's All Relative

Post by BillyBock »

LB:
Everything's relative depending on your perspective isn't it? There are worse places to go TDY.....how long is your school? My last TDY there was summer 2001. I made sure I had plenty of brew in secondary before leaving so it was well aged when I got back. I've sampled the microbrews down there and I was thoroughly unimpressed by them all, they all tasted the same. Congrats on your marriage, may it be filled with happiness and prosperity. Don't worry, it's not the end of your homebrewing career :-) One word of advice, though. If you're not allready brewing outside, start. You do not want to mess up SWMBO's kitchen and get sticky wort under the stovetop (trust me). And if she doesn't take an interest in it, that's fine too. I find the beer lovers and work and persuade them to be my hired hands on brew day--it's a good way to spread the homebrewing gospel.

Cheers!
fitz
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Good Luck

Post by fitz »

Good Luck LB on both counts.
My wife isn't a fan of the taste of anything heavier than Rolling Rock. I still love her though. She is a big supporter of my homebrewing though, and buys me brewing trinkets and supplies for Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Etc.
She is actually the one whom bought me my first set-up. I talked about it, she bought it.
So, don't worry about the new wife and anti brewing sentiment that is, unless you really make a mess out of the house like Bill said. You better start a brew, or mead now though, because the Honeymoon, was traditionally that. The brides father used to supply the groom with a month's free mead. Ergo the Honey-Moon. Some traditions are a shame to be lost.
Congratulations, and good luck!