New to the Forum

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

mmayer

New to the Forum

Post by mmayer »

Hey everyone, I am new this forum as of a few minutes ago. Not new to brewing however, I have been brewing for about 15 years now. I just finished a brew session that will ultimately end up as a "Bourbon Barrel Porter". Cold day for brewing here in Cleveland as it was about 15F out by the brewstand. :lol:
brewmeisterintng
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Did that last year

Post by brewmeisterintng »

Welcome aboard. It is alway great to meet new folks on the board. I thought about brewing last weekend then this weekend but the temp isn't being nice. I brewed in the cold and heat here in Tennessee last year and have become a fair weather brewer. I did brew Jan 1 as it was such a nice day.
wottaguy
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: New to the Forum

Post by wottaguy »

Hello mmayer and welcome to the BT forum. I do feel bad for all our fellow brewers that are in the northern climates as it sure does get a little cool up there. I recently had an evening brew session during one of our "cold" fronts and actually enjoyed the coolness of it all.

Welcome again!

(_)3
Visit my blog @ http://www.wottashomebrewblog.blogspot.com

On Tap:
HL Pale Ale
HL Lite Lager
Bottled:
HL Simcoe Pale Ale
HL Wizeguy Weizenbock
HL Reveur Saison
HL Dry Stout
HL Kentucky Common
Legman
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

RE: New to the Forum

Post by Legman »

Welcome mmayer!
I too just finished brewing this afternoon......except it was about 50F here.
Stand closer to the brew pot next time, you'll be warmer. :P
slothrob

Welcome

Post by slothrob »

Welcome! I recently made a Chocolate Porter (no actual chocolate, just chocolate malt) that's just hitting it's stride right now, and it's really been hitting the spot.

I brew quite a lot in the winter, but last year I got tired of numb fingers and moved to 3.25 gallon all-grain batches that I can easily brew in the comfort of my kitchen.
BTP v2.0.* Windows XP