Time to move on

What is happening in the world of brewing? Competitions, festivals, seminars, tastings and club events. Personal experiences and victories.

Moderator: slothrob

Dank

Time to move on

Post by Dank »

Hi everyone. I have to many other hobbies to keep brewing, so I’m selling out. I have everything to get someone started except the brew pot. (My wife took it) 2) 6.5 gal carboys, 2) 5 gal carboys, (carboys have handles and thermometers) bottle tree, Grain mill, bottle bucket, lots of 22oz and 16 oz bottles including flip tops, Cornelius keg, small co2 tank, bottle capper, and all other needed stuff. I’m in Denver so pick up there is the easiest, but I would ship if you want. I can send pictures too if you want. It’s killing me to sell it, but I just cant find the time anymore.
Azorean Brewer
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Don't do it ...

Post by Azorean Brewer »

Listen to this old cogger, I did the same thing, got p*** off at the "EX" and sold all of my stuff because I thought "hell I'll never brew again", that was 7 years ago and I got back into it, and had to buy everything new all over again. We brew better than we can buy, so keep it, stow it away, pack it in news papers but DO NOT SELL it. We may never meet but you will proverbally thank me for this advice. Keep your brew equipment man.
l48shark
Double IPA
Double IPA

I Agree

Post by l48shark »

I like to hang out at my buddies' brewshop on Saturday afternoons and I see an array of customers come through the place. One weekend a guy came in and was asking for particular pieces of equipment such as tubing and other plastic or rubber parts that do not age well. He said he had everything else and also bought some ingredients. He had apparently been out of homebrewing for several years and happened upon a bottle of his beer that had been safely hidden in his basement all that time. Once sip was all it took and he was right back into brewing. So if you are not going to brew, do yourself a favor and at least set your equipment aside for a while before you even consider getting rid of it.
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

Don't be a butt, Dank

Post by Push Eject »

Store the stuff. I want a bottle from your next brew -- I'll bet I don't have to wait more than a year. Hell, I'll store the stuff for you and you can have it back free when you want it again... and you will. :)
Willbrew

Looking to Buy...

Post by Willbrew »

Cool. Would you be willing to piece some items out? I have some stuff and would be interested in purchasing a couple select items. Let me know!
dartedplus
Strong Ale
Strong Ale

Dont Encourage Him

Post by dartedplus »

Dont do that Willbrew, let him think about it for a while!!!!!
Just kidding! He's a big boy and will make the right decision....right Dank.
Willbrew

Hello? Looking to Buy...

Post by Willbrew »

Hello? Dank...? I'm Looking to buy! Are you out there???
Dank

time to move on "again"

Post by Dank »

sorry
When i posted this i thought i would get either alot of replies or none. I never thought anyone would post to tell me to keep everything. it made me think it through one more time but i just dont see myself going back to brewing. Thanks for all the free advice but it is time to move on. So willbrew or anyone else please tell me what you are looking for and maybe we can still work out a deal Thanks again everyone.
Push Eject
Double IPA
Double IPA

eMail

Post by Push Eject »

Drop me an email, Dank?
OllieTheMadBrewer@essersnet.com
Cheers.